PDA

View Full Version : "Like Button was not found on the specified domain"

Jtaylor
09-10-2014, 04:21 PM
I am trying to register the LikeBtn install on a password-protected local domain. I cannot add it as either its own domain or as a subdomain of our development server, with or without the "local" or "subdomain" checkboxes without this error: "Like Button was not found on the specified domain: add LikeBtn code to your website first." The LikeBtn plugin is installed and activated, and the demo button in the wp-admin settings does display correctly. We are moving to https internally, and will need to upgrade our plan from PRO to ULTRA, but I can't add the internal production domain to do so.

LikeBtn
09-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Disable password protection, add the website and enable it back.

Jtaylor
09-10-2014, 05:02 PM
I've disabled the security both for the main index and for the blog category and confirmed that they are accessible without login. Still the same error message, with or without the local box checked. The error's received if I try to add the domain by itself or as a subdomain of our development site (which did add and verify successfully, even though the development pages aren't recognizing our PRO account and seem to think we're still set FREE).

LikeBtn
09-10-2014, 05:18 PM
the development pages aren't recognizing our PRO account and seem to think we're still set FREE)
Add "rafportal.medtronic.com" domain to your mdtrafpor....co website.

What is the address of your local domain? You can post it here or send to support@likebtn.com

Jtaylor
09-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Add "rafportal.medtronic.com" domain to your mdtrafpor....co website.

Interestingly enough, this is what I've been trying to do that precipitated the error message. :)

LikeBtn
09-11-2014, 07:24 AM
To add rafportal.medtronic.com:
- Clear "Local domain" field in LikeBtn plugin settings
- Open the page of rafportal.medtronic.com domain with Like Button in browser
- Go to "Websites" page on LikeBtn.com and add rafportal.medtronic.com domain