PDA

View Full Version : Likebtn Meta description error

marciusturbo77
01-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi
GOOGLE is indexing my joomla k2 items with this meta decription if (typeof(LikeBtn) != "undefined") { LikeBtn.init(); } {JF...
i don't have specific meta decriptions in most of my items and it's ok, but now it is problem because this java script from the plugin is the same for all items/posts so it's displayed as duplicate metatag in webmaster tools which is very bad for seo. is there any way to fix this without adding other meta decriptions to every item (which is a lot)

LikeBtn
01-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Could you please send screenshot of Google Webmaster Tools warning on duplicate metatag.

marciusturbo77
01-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Yes 37

LikeBtn
01-16-2015, 09:47 AM
It looks like the only way is to specify some meta-description for each page.
By the way this page /3185-hard-choice.html for example has a meta-description but it is displayed on "Duplicate meta descriptions" page. Probably you just need to wait for the Google to reindex your pages.

marciusturbo77
01-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Well I already added meta-descriptions yesterday but I just don't want to do this every time for every item. Google indexes first text in item as meta-description when there is no any provided and this java script is a first text. Anyway may be I will find some auto meta creator plugin it seems the only solution.
By the way except that issue your plugin is great.