Exclamation Punk busting seems too aggresive

Hi

I've just started a campaign using the LikeBtn. But the punk busting seems to limit not just multiple likes from one computer but also from the same office. The campaign is targeted at schools, so when these links are spread multiple likes will be posted within a fairly short interval and the likes will not be picked up even though they are unique. I've tried with three of my three colleagues - I clicked once and later two of them clicked within a minute of each other. Only two likes were picked up.

Also, in the backend I can see the like count to be 3 for one of the posts, but after clearing my cache it only shows two. Is this by design? To an end user it will feel flawed when their friends likes are not being picked up immediately.

Besides that, I'm awed by the flexibility of your product.

/Mads

Quote Originally Posted by oliver View Post
    Also, in the backend I can see the like count to be 3 for one of the posts, but after clearing my cache it only shows two.
    See http://likebtn.com/en/faq#q6

Quote Originally Posted by oliver View Post
    I've tried with three of my three colleagues - I clicked once and later two of them clicked within a minute of each other. Only two likes were picked up.
    Do you all have the same IP?

Yes. As most organisations we share a common external IP. I believe this goes for most organisations, including schools.

Obviously clearing cache and resubmitting a vote is too easy (requires almost no techincal insight), but not allowing multiple votes from within the same organisation within minutes seems too strict. It's not like you can't circumvent IP detection using the right Firefox plugin.

/Mads

IP restriction has been switched off for you.