Likes not showing up in database

I have installed the plugin to my website. I went through the settings and enabled sync. When run the test on sync the result returns "OK".

I am not getting my database updated, however. I have manually added the short code into the my php documents. The buttons show up and work fine, such as recording the like/dislikes etc. I however cannot see these likes reflected in my database.

Because I placed the code in my php files myself, I do not have anything in the "Buttons" tab clicked and and active. Could this be an issue?

How can I figure out why these likes are not making it into my database? This is the code I am using

<!-- LikeBtn.com BEGIN -->
    <span class="likebtn-wrapper" data-style="white" data-identifier="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" data-popup_enabled="false" data-show_copyright="false" data-share_enabled="false"></span>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//likebtn.com/js/widget.js" async="async"></script>
    <!-- LikeBtn.com END -->

What version of the WordPress LikeBtn plugin are you using?

Likes are not imported into your database as identifier has wrong structure:
    <?php the_permalink(); ?>
    http://likebtn.com/en/wordpress-like...gin#identifier

Replacing my identifier did the trick. Cannot believe I skipped over that detail in the documentation.

Thank you for your help.