Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Show Activity body.content instead of the Title twice in Buddypress feature

In your buddypress integration it says.

Custom templates for snippets in BuddyPress activity stream

While I can show the title and excerpt using the %title% and %excerpt%, how can I show the actual activity in the template?

Here is an example.

I have an activity update that a friend posted to me. It has a picture of her and a message to me.

http://s29.postimg.org/toecvmiuf/Capture.jpg

After clicking Like or Dislike, I get the activity saved on my activity feed but my question is, how can I change it from displaying the title twice, and instead of showing the title the second time, it shows the image and the message she wrote to me.

http://s30.postimg.org/uwb18zq2p/Capture2.jpg

My thoughts were that there was an %example% tag for buddypress to use to show the content or body of the message.

I wanted to see a list of all buddypress tags I could use and how I could display that image and message when I like or dislike an activity.

Last edited by moobe; 01-30-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Hi,

Unfortunately plugin doesn't provide such feature for now. Probably it will be implemented in future.

Is there any way I could look into the code and figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by support View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately plugin doesn't provide such feature for now. Probably it will be implemented in future.
    If your able to get the title and excerpt, is there a direction I should take in trying to figure it out? Obviously it needs to call something to retrieve that information.

The feature has been implemented. Download updated plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/likebtn-like-button/, extract to /wp-content/plugins/likebtn-like-button/ replacing existing files.

Enter the following into Snippet template on Buttons > BuddyPress Activity Update > BuddyPress: %content%

Thank you for update, is there a way to pull in images?

Quote Originally Posted by LikeBtn View Post
    The feature has been implemented. Download updated plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/likebtn-like-button/, extract to /wp-content/plugins/likebtn-like-button/ replacing existing files.

Enter the following into Snippet template on Buttons > BuddyPress Activity Update > BuddyPress: %content%
    I was able to get the content as far as the words that are typed in the message.

Is there a way to also pull in images that people post? I was hoping to get images to be liked and then shown on a persons activity feed after they have liked the image along with the content of the image.

Images should be also pulled. Could you please send a list of installed BuddyPress plugins to support@likebtn.com

Plugins I am using buddypress with

Quote Originally Posted by LikeBtn View Post
    Images should be also pulled. Could you please send a list of installed BuddyPress plugins to support@likebtn.com

The Main one that I am talking about for images are

Buddyboss media plugin

Buddyboss Wall

Buddypress Follow

Buddyboss Media Plugin handles all the images uploaded to activity.

I would like to show the image with the content on liked activity

Could you please send us a screenshot of the BuddyPress subtab of Buttons tab to support@likebtn.com

Quote Originally Posted by support View Post
    Could you please send us a screenshot of the BuddyPress subtab of Buttons tab to support@likebtn.com
    Can you please tell me exactly what is the Buddypress Subtab of Buttons tab? Where do I look to find that because I am not sure what your asking me to take a picture of

Quote Originally Posted by moobe View Post
    Can you please tell me exactly what is the Buddypress Subtab of Buttons tab? Where do I look to find that because I am not sure what your asking me to take a picture of
    Please look at the following picture:
    Buddypress.jpg